Add sliced pimiento-stuffed olives to the top of your meatballs and dinner will be looking at you. The sauce even makes it look bloody!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 12 small submarine sandwich buns, split
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Hollow out bun bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Crumble 1-1/4 cups
- removed bread and place in a large bowl. Cover buns with plastic
- wrap; set aside.
- Add the egg, milk, chopped onion, salt and pepper to the bread.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in 1 tablespoon oil for 20-25
- minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon; set