Eyeball Soup Recipe
My family has fun serving this creamy soup to unsuspecting guests and watching their reaction when they stir up an onion "eyeball". You can make the soup a day ahead and reheat it in the slow cooker.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) V8 juice or spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 cup frozen pearl or small whole onions, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. In another saucepan, bring V8 to a boil. Reduce heat; gradually whisk in white sauce. Add onions; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Eyeball Soup
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2008
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC