Eyeball Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) V8 juice or spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 cup frozen pearl or small whole onions, thawed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. In another saucepan, bring V8 to a boil. Reduce heat; gradually whisk in white sauce. Add onions; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Eyeball Soup(1)
Sort By :
I made this soup for a soup cook-off at work on Halloween, and won "Most Unique". I added a hint of cinnamon & nutmeg & all spice, too. I also pierced the ends of the onions with whole cloves to resemble a pupil. It went over very well. Very easy recipie that I would definately make again!