All eyes will definitely be on these adorable cookies when they're set on any buffet table. “I created them for my son’s kindergarten class for Halloween,” Sherry Lee notes from Columbus, Ohio.
20-25 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers
- Blue paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red liquid food coloring
- In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint blue. Spread
- a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate
- chip in the center.
- For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to
- draw lines from blue circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until
- set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20-25 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.