Eyeball Cookies Recipe
All eyes will definitely be on these adorable cookies when they're set on any buffet table. I created them for my son's kindergarten class for Halloween. —Sherry Lee, Columbus, Ohio
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers
- Blue paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red liquid food coloring
- 1. In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- 2. Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint blue. Spread a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate chip in the center.
- 3. For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw lines from blue circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20-25 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC