- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers
- Paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red liquid food coloring
- In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint as desired. Spread a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate chip in the center.
- For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw lines from circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20-25 servings.
Reviews for Eyeball Cookies
"Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the wafer then dip in the melted chocolate."
"I made these for an office Halloween potluck. They are so simple. Very tasty & people loved them!~"
"Little kids loved these at our Halloween party and they were sooo easy to make with my little helpers"
"Made these for a Halloween party with the help of my two children (2yrs and 3yrs old). Tasted great and kids loved the look of them."
"super easy, cute, and delicious! who doesn't love vanilla wafers :)"
"great idea, easy, yes I will add this to my Halloween collections of cookie recipes."
"The part I thought would be the hardest turned out to be the easiest. Making the red squiggles was easy with just a toothpick. It didnt come out with thick lines but the small thin squiggles actually looked more real. The trouble i had was that the choc. was too thick to just dip in. I had to spread it on and it wasn't smooth. I would also use frosting for the blue part or pipe it on next time. It was hard to not make a mess. I made choc cupcakes w chocolate frosting and place them on top. Everyone love them."
"I added a teaspoon of shortening and melted it along with the chocolate to create a smoother consistency. I worked like a charm!"
"very cute, but pretty plain tasting. I used the red gel frosting instead of red food coloring.pretty messy..."