All eyes will definitely be on these adorable cookies when they're set on any buffet table. I created them for my son's kindergarten class for Halloween. —Sherry Lee, Columbus, Ohio
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers
- Paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red liquid food coloring
- In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint as desired. Spread a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate chip in the center.
- For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw lines from circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20-25 servings.
Originally published as Eyeball Cookies in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p45
Reviews for Eyeball Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review