- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers
- Paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red liquid food coloring
- In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint as desired. Spread a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate chip in the center.
- For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw lines from circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20-25 servings.
Reviews for Eyeball Cookies
"Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the wafer then dip in the melted chocolate."
"I made these for an office Halloween potluck. They are so simple. Very tasty & people loved them!~"
"Little kids loved these at our Halloween party and they were sooo easy to make with my little helpers"
"I would buy double the amount of the baking chocolate. Also used blue tube frosting instead of buying the blue paste."
"Made these for a Halloween party with the help of my two children (2yrs and 3yrs old). Tasted great and kids loved the look of them."