These cookies are reminiscent of old cartoons where eyes pop out in a dark room! They’re a cinch to make and doubly fun to decorate!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 30 Favorite Halloween Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Neon purple and/or green food coloring
- Miniature milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. With fingers, flatten to 1/4-in. thickness, forming eye shapes. For variety, shape some balls into logs, then flatten. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add enough lemon juice to achieve a spreading consistency. Beat in lemon peel. Tint frosting purple and/or neon green; frost cookies. Add kisses for pupils. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Eye Spy Cookies in Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p32
Reviews for Eye Spy Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review