- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Flour tortillas, warmed and buttered, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, half of the onions, chiles and jalapeno pepper. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Break eggs carefully on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with cheese and olives. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Serve with hot buttered tortillas if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Eye-Opener Ranch Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p19
Reviews for Eye-Opener Ranch Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review