- dough, forming the inside of a crescent shape. Reposition cutter
- 1-1/4 in. from inside of crescent; cut cookie, forming a crescent
- 1-1/4 in. wide at its widest point. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-7 minutes or
- until edges begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining vanilla; spread
- or drizzle over cookies as desired. Sprinkle with chopped cashews if
- desired. Leave some cookies plain or sprinkle them with additional
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Let iced cookies stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie (calculated without optional cashews) equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.