Making homemade rolls usually takes a lot of ingredients and time but this recipe makes it so simple. They come together quickly and they freezing well also.—Eleanor Paine, Junction City, Oregon
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir in biscuit mix and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Divide and shape dough into 24 small balls. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Extra-Quick Yeast Rolls in Country Woman November/December 1990, p35
Reviews for Extra-Quick Yeast Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review