Extra-Crispy Italian Chicken
A cousin shared this recipe with me several years ago. Since then, I've made it too many times to count! I especially like to serve this chicken to guests because it's very attractive.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups pancake mix
- 2 envelopes zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine pancake mix and one envelope salad
- dressing mix. In another shallow bowl, combine the second envelope
- of salad dressing mix , egg and club soda. Dip chicken pieces in egg
- mixture, then coat with seasoned pancake mix. Place chicken pieces
- on a rack; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several
- pieces at a time, for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Place on an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now