Extra-Crispy Italian Chicken Recipe
A cousin shared this recipe with me several years ago. Since then, I've made it too many times to count! I especially like to serve this chicken to guests because it's very attractive.
- 1-1/4 cups pancake mix
- 2 envelopes zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine pancake mix and one envelope salad dressing mix. In another shallow bowl, combine the second envelope of salad dressing mix , egg and club soda. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned pancake mix. Place chicken pieces on a rack; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Place on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Extra-Crispy Italian Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC