Extra Creamy Egg Salad
"I like to prepare this rich filling when fixing a soup and sandwich meal," comments Linda Potter of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. "It's great spread on toast for a quick breakfast bite, too." Have leftovers? Our Test Kitchen came up with the following two recipes that use up the leftover egg salad.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Croissants or sandwich rolls, optional
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and salt.
- Stir in eggs and onion. Serve on croissants with lettuce if desired.
- Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 616 calories, 58 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 447 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.