"I like to prepare this rich filling when fixing a soup and sandwich meal," comments Linda Potter of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. "It's great spread on toast for a quick breakfast bite, too." Have leftovers? Our Test Kitchen came up with the following two recipes that use up the leftover egg salad.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Croissants or sandwich rolls, optional
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and salt. Stir in eggs and onion. Serve on croissants with lettuce if desired. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Egg Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p42
Reviews for Extra Creamy Egg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review