Exotic Grilled Chicken Recipe
The marinade makes a savory statement in this grilled chicken recipe from our Test Kitchen home economists. It smells so good when cooking, your family and guests will be eager to try a piece.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn and baste again; grill 5 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Discard unused marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Exotic Grilled Chicken
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
"I followed the marinade exactly and the flavor was wonderful. I did,however, increase the grilling time just to be sure it was done."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC