Exotic Grilled Chicken
The marinade makes a savory statement in this grilled chicken recipe from our Test Kitchen home economists. It smells so good when cooking, your family and guests will be eager to try a piece.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to
- bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, skin side
- down, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side. Brush
- with reserved marinade. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn and baste again;
- grill 5 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Discard
- unused marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a