- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn and baste again; grill 5 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Discard unused marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Exotic Grilled Chicken in Backyard Grilling Hardcover 2006, p115
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Exotic Grilled Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
"I followed the marinade exactly and the flavor was wonderful. I did,however, increase the grilling time just to be sure it was done."