Heidi Kinzie who was kind enough to share their home with us for a photo shoot and provide us with lunch gave this recipe to me. The salad was so good, I couldn't leave without the recipe! Pairs well with Gallo Family Vineyards White Zinfandel.
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Toasted flaked coconut
- In a blender container, combine cream of coconut, vinegar, mustard, salt and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. With motor running, slowly add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes and nuts. Add dressing and toss well to combine. Serve in lettuce leaves and sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Exotic Chicken Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Exotic Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review