Evil Eye Truffles Recipe
A few years ago, I hosted a Halloween bash with a variety of foods. These were a fun addition of the table and so tasty! — Linda Fete, Maximillon, Ohio
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 milk chocolate green M&M's or blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 tube red decorating icing
- 1 tube black decorating icing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal and confectioners' sugar until well combines. With buttered hands, form into 1-in. balls. In a microwave melt candy coating and shortening until smooth. Dip balls into coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paperlined baking sheet. Before coating is cool, press an M&M into the center of each ball. Cool completely.
- 2. Using a small round pastry tip and red icing, pipe small wavy lines on the sides of balls to resemble bloodshot eyes. Use black icing frosting and a small round pastry tip to add a dot in the center of M&M for pupil. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 135 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC