- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 milk chocolate green M&M's or blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 tube red decorating icing
- 1 tube black decorating icing
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal and confectioners' sugar until well combines. With buttered hands, form into 1-in. balls. In a microwave melt candy coating and shortening until smooth. Dip balls into coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paperlined baking sheet. Before coating is cool, press an M&M into the center of each ball. Cool completely.
- Using a small round pastry tip and red icing, pipe small wavy lines on the sides of balls to resemble bloodshot eyes. Use black icing frosting and a small round pastry tip to add a dot in the center of M&M for pupil. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Evil Eye Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p240
Reviews for Evil Eye Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review