- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon each sesame, caraway and poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, butter, sugar, egg yolk, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a 20-in. rope. Place ropes on a large greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine egg white and water; brush over dough. Combine salt, onion and seeds; sprinkle over bread. Bake 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (25 slices).
Reviews for Everything Bread
Sort By :
"Super simple and super yummy!!"
"Yummy and easy."
"This came out wonderful. I did use dried garlic inplace of onion. I will divide into smaller loaves for us at home"
"This is my go to bread recipe. I make it into two smaller loaves so we don't eat too much bread and I can give one loaf away. I'd rather eat this bread than any dessert."
"When new neighbors move into our neighborhood, I always take them a baked gift. The last two new neighbors received this bread and both said it was the best bread they had ever eaten!!!"