Eve Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture. Fold in apples and dates.
- 2. Transfer to a well-greased 8-cup pudding mold; cover. Place mold on a rack in a deep pot; add 1 in. of hot water to pot.
- 3. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding more water as needed. Remove mold from pot; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the eggs, sugar and butter. Heat over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 160°, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg mixture.
- 6. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Eve Pudding
"Very good ,my coworkers just loved it,they all asked for the recipe.Will mke it again. my husband could not stop eating it. Bitsy"