Eve Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture. Fold in apples and dates.
- 2. Transfer to a well-greased 8-cup pudding mold; cover. Place mold on a rack in a deep pot; add 1 in. of hot water to pot.
- 3. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding more water as needed. Remove mold from pot; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the eggs, sugar and butter. Heat over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 160°, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg mixture.
- 6. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Eve Pudding
"Very good ,my coworkers just loved it,they all asked for the recipe.Will mke it again. my husband could not stop eating it. Bitsy"