- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding
- more water as needed. Remove mold from pot; let stand for 10
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the eggs, sugar and butter. Heat
- over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and
- reaches 160°, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to
- room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla;
- beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg mixture.
- Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve with
- sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 386 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.