Ethan's Apple-Nut Pancakes
I created this recipe so my son, Ethan, could get a nutritious breakfast. I was afraid he'd turn up his nose, but just one bite and he pronounced them yummy!
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- In a large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking
- soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine buttermilk, eggs, applesauce and
- molasses; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in walnuts and
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 20-22 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 286 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium,