Ethan's Apple-Nut Pancakes Recipe
I created this recipe so my son, Ethan, could get a nutritious breakfast. I was afraid he'd turn up his nose, but just one bite and he pronounced them yummy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine buttermilk, eggs, applesauce and molasses; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in walnuts and apple.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 20-22 pancakes.
3 each: 286 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Ethan's Apple-Nut Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC