Coffee lovers will go crazy for cakes made with this heavenly filling. It's rich, decadent...irresistible! —Megan Byers, Wichita, Kansas
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1-1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, mix espresso powder and water until smooth; cool. In
- a large bowl, beat the Mascarpone cheese, confectioners' sugar,
- cream, vanilla and espresso mixture on medium speed until creamy and
- slightly thickened (do not overmix). Spread between cake layers.
- Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 222 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.