Espresso Cream Cake
“After a satisfying meal, I like to go with something light for dessert. This recipe combines two of our favorite flavors, coffee and chocolate, in a scrumptious cream that’s served alongside a slice of angel food cake. Yum.” —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool. Stir in
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir 1/2 cup cream
- into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream.
- Serve mascarpone cream with cake. Drizzle each serving with liqueur
- and dust with cocoa. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 378 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.