“After a satisfying meal, I like to go with something light for dessert. This recipe combines two of our favorite flavors, coffee and chocolate, in a scrumptious cream that’s served alongside a slice of angel food cake. Yum.” —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
Recommended: 48 Amazingly Easy Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool. Stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir 1/2 cup cream into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream.
- Serve mascarpone cream with cake. Drizzle each serving with liqueur and dust with cocoa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Espresso Cream Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p99
Reviews forEspresso Cream Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2012
"What could I substitute for the coffee liqueur? Would Torani coffee flavored syrup work? In the same amount?"