“After a satisfying meal, I like to go with something light for dessert. This recipe combines two of our favorite flavors, coffee and chocolate, in a scrumptious cream that’s served alongside a slice of angel food cake. Yum.” —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool. Stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir 1/2 cup cream into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream.
- Serve mascarpone cream with cake. Drizzle each serving with liqueur and dust with cocoa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Espresso Cream Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p99
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Espresso Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2012
"What could I substitute for the coffee liqueur? Would Torani coffee flavored syrup work? In the same amount?"