Envelopes of Fudge Recipe
Sealed inside a golden crust is a delicious special delivery a fudgy walnut filling that's almost like a brownie. These cookies are like two treats in one.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour. On a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cocoa, butter, yolk, vanilla and salt. Stir in walnuts; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 12-1/2-in. square; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of filling in center of each square. Bring two opposite corners to center. Moisten edges with water and pinch together. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 25 cookies.
Originally published as Envelopes of Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p34
Reviews for Envelopes of Fudge(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2013
These are easy and a nice addition to my plate of Christmas cookies!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fudge Cookies >