Tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro replace traditional cocktail sauce in this lively Southwestern makeover of the popular appetizer. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro. Combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice and seasoning; drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Using a slotted spoon, place shrimp mixture in cocktail glasses, about 1/2 cup in each. Garnish with lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ensenada Shrimp Cocktail in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ensenada Shrimp Cocktail
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review