Ensenada Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- Lime wedges
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro. Combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice and seasoning; drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Using a slotted spoon, place shrimp mixture in cocktail glasses, about 1/2 cup in each. Garnish with lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.