Ensenada Shrimp Cocktail
Tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro replace traditional cocktail sauce in this lively Southwestern makeover of the popular appetizer. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, tomatoes, peppers, onions and
- cilantro. Combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice and seasoning;
- drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Using a slotted spoon, place shrimp
- mixture in cocktail glasses, about 1/2 cup in each. Garnish with
- lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.