- 1 jar (15 ounces) sliced cactus, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- In a large bowl, combine the cactus, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano and salt; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ensalada de Nopalitos in Taste of Home Clip Strip 2005
Reviews for Ensalada de Nopalitos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review