- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of each of the following: cake
- cubes, mashed strawberries, pineapple, banana mixture and sliced
- strawberries. Pour refrigerated gelatin over top. Set aside
- remaining cake and fruit. Place trifle and reserved gelatin in
- refrigerator for 20 minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread half over trifle. Repeat
- layers with remaining cake, fruit, reserved gelatin and pudding. Top
- with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving,
- sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 155 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.