Each Christmas I make several pounds of candy and cookies for friends, neighbors and business associates. This tasty toffee is covered in chocolate and sprinkled with nuts...and it won't stick to your teeth!
-Don McVay, Wilsonville, Oregon
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set
- aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add the
- sugar, corn syrup and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a
- candy thermometer reads 295° (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour
- into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips;stir until smooth. Spread over
- toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand for 1 hour Break into
- bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room
- temperature. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 206 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.