- 1 tablespoon plus 1-3/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295° (soft-crack stage). Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and salt.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan. Let stand for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, score into lines. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Separate into squares, using a sharp knife if necessary. In a microwave, melt candy coating, stirring often. Dip squares, one at a time, in coating. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
Reviews for English Toffee Bars
"Great recipe and super easy!!!!"
"This turned out great. I added some very finely ground nuts to the top of the chocolate. Also I didn't dip but put the melted chocolate on top only. I made 25 pounds (with a helper), to give as wrapped gifts at the party u gave for my Dad's 100th birthday party and got numerous compliments on it. Going to make some to give away for Christmas too."
"This is delicious! I made this years ago when it first was printed and it was great! Did again today and once again a big hit!"
"What is milk chocolate candy coating?"
"THIS CANDY WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT. IT SEEMED TO HAVE WAY TOO MUCH BUTTER. ???"