English Toffee Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add the sugar, corn syrup and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295° (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips;stir until smooth. Spread over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand for 1 hour Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for English Toffee
Sort By :
"It was really good! I made it on our electric stove with no problems, and I'm not an expert at making candy! I was even asked for the recipe."
"Gotta try this recipe.. Except, I've gotta a recipe that only uses 3 ingredients, plus nuts and chocolate of your choice.We decided to share with others this year>> http://rscrapz.com/rSweets/English_Toffee/"
"I have been making this for years! I cut the recipe out of a Taste of Home Magazine years ago. If you follow the directions, it is foolproof. People will think you are a master candy maker!"
"Not sure what I keep doing wrong every year but...This recipe didn't get sugary with the corn syrup but the butter and sugar separated in the last few degrees of cooking. I tried to salvage by adding water without much success. I've cooked over low and med heat. Checked temp on thermometer Don't know what else to do except have someone else make it!!!"
"Delicious! I make toffee every year for my brother's birthday and at Christmas! Always a hit!!!"