English Tea Cakes
These unique cookies are baked in muffin cups, giving them a perfectly round shape. I sometimes omit the pecans and decorate the cookies for holidays.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 60 walnut or pecan halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Drop by heaping
- tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; flatten slightly.
- Press a walnut half into the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 5 dozen.