English Scones Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Additional milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in raisins. Beat milk and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring lightly.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll to 1-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 scones.
Reviews for English Scones(15)
Sort By :
These scones were delicious! The batter was a tad sticky at first, but when rolled out with a mix of flour and sugar, it turned out perfect. One thing though: watch your oven temp extremely because they may burn. GREAT RECIPE
Very sticky and didn't really cook the way their meant to! Very disappointed
These scones are AWESOME! Everybody loved them!!! I really got used to scones with tea when I lived in London, and now that I'm back in Brazil I can have them whenever I want.
Loved it. Easy and quick. Yes I would use ir again