- 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add warm milk and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead. Grease two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle pans with cornmeal. Spoon batter into the pans and sprinkle cornmeal on top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks. Slice and toast. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for English Muffin Bread Loaf
Sort By :
My family lives this bread, and so easy to out together. Having tonight euthanasia breakfast for dinner
I just tried this recipe and it was so easy and taste delicious! I love english muffins so this was a great find. Thank you for sharing submitter !
Very easy to make. I made muffins instead of the loafs and cooked them on a griddle. They turned out beautiful and they taste wonderful.
Easy and excellent! Taste and texture is just like an English Muffin.
Fresh from the oven, this bread was wonderful. However, next time I will add a couple tablespoons of oil to moisten it up.