English Muffin Bread Loaf Recipe
- 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add warm milk and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead. Grease two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle pans with cornmeal. Spoon batter into the pans and sprinkle cornmeal on top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks. Slice and toast. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for English Muffin Bread Loaf(9)
Sort By :
Very easy to make. I made muffins instead of the loafs and cooked them on a griddle. They turned out beautiful and they taste wonderful.
Easy and excellent! Taste and texture is just like an English Muffin.
Fresh from the oven, this bread was wonderful. However, next time I will add a couple tablespoons of oil to moisten it up.
This is definitely a five star recipe!! (the web site wouldn't let me pick a star for some reason) A keeper in my recipe box.
Fabulous! Especially nice when you want English muffins but don't want to roll, cut, and griddle cook. We slathered ours with butter and homemade blueberry jam. I did make it with 2 cups whole wheat flour and 3 cups white and with powdered milk instead of regular.