- 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add warm milk and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead. Grease two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle pans with cornmeal. Spoon batter into the pans and sprinkle cornmeal on top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks. Slice and toast. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for English Muffin Bread Loaf
Sort By :
"Made this recipe for Sunday morning brunch today, easy to make but found the bread way to dense. I'm looking for a lighter texture and prefer it to taste more like the Thomas muffins you purchase, a gluten free version wold be a major plus."
"Excellent and very easy to make. You can slice at the thickness you want. I won't be buying muffins again!!"
"This is a great recipe! Te bread is full of holes just like an english muffin, and it's nice and chewy. Really easy to make as well."
"Amazingly easy and SO GOOD! A hit with the whole fam, even the picky eaters! WAY easier than making individual muffins and tastes even better! Thank you! This is a staple in our home now! Love that I can make one and freeze one!"
"My family lives this bread, and so easy to out together. Having tonight euthanasia breakfast for dinner"