English Marmalade Pecan Bread
My dad was Canadian, but had a very British upbringing. And, boy, did he love his marmalade! I know it's an acquired taste for some, but when I baked the jam into this nutty bread, everyone loved it—even my kids. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a
- large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until blended. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in
- marmalade. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and
- salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beating
- well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before
- removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw wrapped loaf at room temperature. If desired, warm slices in toaster or microwave.