English Marmalade Pecan Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in marmalade. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw wrapped loaf at room temperature. If desired, warm slices in toaster or microwave. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for English Marmalade Pecan Bread
"This bread tastes awesome and is so easy. I am going to make several loaves to give as Christmas gifts. I had to bake mine about ten minutes longer than the recipe specified."