My dad was Canadian, but had a very British upbringing. And, boy, did he love his marmalade! I know it's an acquired taste for some, but when I baked the jam into this nutty bread, everyone loved it—even my kids. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in marmalade. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as English Marmalade Pecan Bread in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for English Marmalade Pecan Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2014
"This bread tastes awesome and is so easy. I am going to make several loaves to give as Christmas gifts. I had to bake mine about ten minutes longer than the recipe specified."