- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried banana chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the water, honey, molasses and oil. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Energizing Granola(12)
Sort By :
Great recipe! I have to make a double batch to make it last. Very good on yogurt or just plain to snack on.
I put 2-3 tablespoons on my Kashi cereal every morning for breakfast. It is really worth trying.
Love this recipe!
Just as good if not better than store bought but I feel better about eating this. It was easy to make and 30min was just enough time. I use mine on top of yogurt or add other goodies like choc. chips to make trail mix for the kids.
Has anyone tried adding almonds to this recipe?
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Granola Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >