- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried banana chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the water, honey, molasses and oil. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Energizing Granola
Sort By :
Great recipe! I have to make a double batch to make it last. Very good on yogurt or just plain to snack on.
I put 2-3 tablespoons on my Kashi cereal every morning for breakfast. It is really worth trying.
Love this recipe!
Just as good if not better than store bought but I feel better about eating this. It was easy to make and 30min was just enough time. I use mine on top of yogurt or add other goodies like choc. chips to make trail mix for the kids.
Has anyone tried adding almonds to this recipe?