End-of-the-Garden Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Layer half of the first 10 ingredients in a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat layers. Pour water over the top. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-75 minutes or until tender. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 140 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for End-of-the-Garden Casserole
"I would rather used a cream soup for this recipe."