End-Of-Summer Tomato Salad Recipe
If you're looking for new ways to use up tomatoes in the garden, be sure to try this recipe. It's one of our favorites.—Carol Birkemeier, Nashville, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 8 small tomatoes (2 pounds), sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Arrange tomatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; sprinkle with olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomatoes.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning tomatoes occasionally. Serve on lettuce if desired. Sprinkle with parsley and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 98 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC