If you're looking for new ways to use up tomatoes in the garden, be sure to try this recipe. It's one of our favorites.—Carol Birkemeier, Nashville, Indiana
- 8 small tomatoes (2 pounds), sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Arrange tomatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; sprinkle with olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning tomatoes occasionally. Serve on lettuce if desired. Sprinkle with parsley and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as End-Of-Summer Tomato Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p10
Reviews for End-Of-Summer Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review