End-Of-Summer Tomato Salad Recipe
If you're looking for new ways to use up tomatoes in the garden, be sure to try this recipe. It's one of our favorites.Carol Birkemeier, Nashville, Indiana
- 8 small tomatoes (2 pounds), sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Arrange tomatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; sprinkle with olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning tomatoes occasionally. Serve on lettuce if desired. Sprinkle with parsley and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as End-Of-Summer Tomato Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p10
Reviews for End-Of-Summer Tomato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review