Enchiladas Florentine Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bottle (7 ounces) mild green taco sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup cheese and egg whites. Spoon down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in taco sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Pour over enchiladas. In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender; arrange evenly over enchiladas.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
1 enchilada equals 271 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.