- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat sauce down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining meat sauce and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Or cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use refrigerated enchiladas: Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Enchiladas El Paso in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p15
Reviews for Enchiladas El Paso
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2013
"Easy to make and the best ever. Of course I grabbed hot cayenne instead of chili pepper and my husband loved it!"