Enchilada Torte Recipe
We are crazy about Mexican food at our house and are always trying new recipes. This stack of tortillas with all the different fillings really hits the spot!—Anna Mae Ackerman, Spearville, Kansas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain fat.
- 2. Meanwhile, place one tortilla in a 12-in. round casserole or on a large baking sheet or pizza pan. Layer half each of taco sauce, beef, onion and cheddar cheese on the tortilla.
- 3. Top with second tortilla and press gently; layer half of the refried beans, olives and chilies.
- 4. Top with third tortilla and layer half each of the sour cream, green pepper and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 5. Top with fourth tortilla and top with remaining taco sauce, beef, onion and cheddar cheese.
- 6. On the fifth tortilla, layer remaining beans, olives and chilies.
- 7. On the sixth tortilla, layer remaining sour cream, green pepper and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 8. Top with last tortilla; spread with enchilada sauce.
- 9. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let stand a few minutes before cutting into wedges. Sprinkle with additional Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC