We are crazy about Mexican food at our house and are always trying new recipes. This stack of tortillas with all the different fillings really hits the spot!—Anna Mae Ackerman, Spearville, Kansas
10-12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 7 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, optional
- In a skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain fat.
- Meanwhile, place one tortilla in a 12-in. round casserole or on a
- large baking sheet or pizza pan. Layer half each of taco sauce,
- beef, onion and cheddar cheese on the tortilla.
- Top with second tortilla and press gently; layer half of the refried
- beans, olives and chilies.
- Top with third tortilla and layer half each of the sour cream, green
- pepper and Monterey Jack cheese.