Enchilada-Style Burritos Recipe
- 6 frozen prepared bean and cheese burritos
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place frozen burritos in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until a smooth; gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder, bouillon, cumin and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the burritos. Sprinkle with cheese, olives if desired and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada-Style Burritos(3)
Sort By :
This is favorite recipe. I'm often asked for the recipe. It can be made ahead of time which is wonderful for those busy days. Just take it out of the refrigerator and bake it as usual.
Very easy using any pre-made burritos;
I also make this enchilada sauce when I make my own enchiladas. The sauce is excellent!
Sent this in to a potluck at husbands work. Everyone wanted the recipe. It's our personal favorite. We use any kind of burritos. I put dry ingredients together in a baggy and I have a quick motorhome recipe too.