"I serve this entree to my husband, my sister and her husband, and received many compliments," notes Rebecca Stout of Conroe, Texas. "My brother-in-law is a hard-to-please eater, so when he said he loved it, I was thrilled. He even took leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and seasonings; set aside.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of refried beans in each pasta shell, then fill with turkey mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Stuffed Shells in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p36
Reviews for Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review