Enchilada Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and seasonings; set aside.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of refried beans in each pasta shell, then fill with turkey mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Stuffed Shells(7)
Sort By :
I have been experimenting with many different types of stuffed shells and this one is by far the best I have tried! I make the recipe as is and add sour cream and mild taco sauce as a topping.
I also do add sauce to the bottom and cover the shells on top.
I make this all the time. I always make extras and eat them the next day. I love them, love them. I also buy progresso recipe starters cheese and make a queso batch! these are amazing!!
This was awesome! No leftovers, and I made extra shells! LOL! I did pour some sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish, and it helped a lot. I personally will add addsome extra sauce over the sheels, because I like things saucy, or serve it on the side. Made it with Red Beans and rice and it was a great meal!
This was ok - I neither loved it or hated it. My shells also got a little hard on the bottom - spreading a little sauce on the bottom of the baking pan might prevent that. I thought they tasted better as leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >